Recently engaged and ready to find “the one”? We might be biased but we think finding the wedding dress can be one of the most exciting and important parts! However, it’s not always easy to know when to start shopping for your wedding dress; so we’re here to help!
First thing’s first
The first step to figuring out what your ideal shopping timeline is, is identifying your wedding date. You have so many options available to you, but they all depend on when you’re tying the knot!
11+ month until the big day
If your wedding is more than 11+ months away then made-to-order gowns are for you! A made-to-order gown means you try on the sample we have in store and then we are able to order a brand new dress from the designer in a size that best fits you. This could also be your opportunity to order a dress in a different colour than the sample, or perhaps with a fun customization!
11+ months is the perfect time to order a gown from any designer we carry and still have time for delivery and alterations; stress free. And who doesn’t want a little less stress while wedding planning?!
4-10 months until the big day
If your wedding is 4-10 months away you’re still able to select a made-to-order gown, but keep in mind that there may be rush fees depending on your wedding date and the designer. Rush fees bump your dress up the production queue to ensure it’s made to accommodate a tighter timeline.
Another helpful tip would be to ensure you have a tailor lined up and ready-to-go for when your dress arrives.
If that’s not your thing, you can always browse our off-the-rack collection!
Less than 4 months until the big day
If your wedding is less than 4 months away then off-the-rack gowns are for you! You can browse from over 150 gowns all marked 15-70% off. These gowns may need a little extra TLC to get them wedding-day ready but we have a list of talented tailors that are up to the task!
TLDR – don’t worry, we’ve got some handy timelines
Tips before your appointment
Finding your wedding dress should be a memorable (and magical) experience, and we’ve got some tips to help make your appointment even more successful and get you closer to finding your dream dress:
- Do your research – while you might not know exactly what you’re looking for, and once you try on dresses, your idea may even change – it’s important to research boutiques to make sure they have the general vibe and aesthetic that you like.
- Keep an open mind – while it’s important to have an idea of what you’re looking for, wedding dress shopping is an entirely unique experience and brides will often say yes to a dress they never imagined. So go in with an open mind and trust your stylist – we got you!
- Bring the right undergarments – wearing the wrong undergarments can sometime be super distracting or even uncomfortable. So we’ve got 2 words for you: SEAMLESS. NUDE. As long as what you’re wearing is seamless and flesh-coloured you’ll be fine! Also if you feel potentially comfortable going without a bra, please feel free as most dresses have boning and cups. But if you do prefer extra support we suggest a nude strapless bra. Also if you wear a chest binder, be sure to wear that too. Whatever is going to make you feel comfortable and be closest to how you want to look and feel on the day.
- Limit your entourage – while it’s tempting to bring all of your friends and family, too many opinions can make it difficult to make a decision. Stick to your nearest and dearest – those who will truly support you in your decision.
- Avoid over-shopping – the fatigue is real! Feeling like you have to go to every story and try on as many dresses as possible is just going to leave you feeling overwhelmed and confused. If you do your research and be selective with your boutiques you’ll find your perfect dress that much faster!
- Trust your gut – when you find the right dress, you’ll know it! Trust us, even if you have to sleep on it, you’ll know you’ve found the one.
In conclusion, starting your wedding dress search early is key to ensuring that you find the perfect dress for your big day. By following these tips and start your search 12+ months before your wedding, you’ll have plenty of time to find the dress of your dreams.
But no matter when your big day is – we’re here to help you find your dream dress!
Ready to get this party started?
Add A Comment
VIEW THE COMMENTS